01 November 2008

Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal

When I attended the IAIS 2008 Annual Conference recently, I had the privilege to stay at the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal in Budapest, the very location where the host country Hungary chose to have the conference.

Located at the heart of Pest side of Budapest, it is situated on one of the main streets, namely on Erzsébet Boulevard or on Erzsébet krt. For those familiar with Kuala Lumpur, it's akin to being located on say, Jalan Sultan Ismail or Jalan Ampang. On the outside, it looks like an old refurbish building. Once you enter the hotel lobby, you will be greeted with a sight similar to any top class hotel (or based on those I've seen thus far).

Of the facilities, one must have a view of their beautiful grand ballroom, which to my benefit, was where the conference was held within the hotel. The ballroom's decoration is a real sight, with carvings from the ceiling down & also portraits of prominent figure in Hungarian history aligning all around the the area where the wall meets the ceiling. As the grand ballroom was constantly in use, I didn't get the chance to linger around for some photos of the place.

However, I did manage to take a few shots of my room. It is one of the standard rooms offered by the hotel. I like the bathroom though, & while bathing in the bathtub, I was contemplating whether having such a bathroom design in a home would be feasible. :)

Anyhow, do enjoy the few photos of the room. The official website of Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal offers some more photos of their facilities.













Till later, live long & prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment