19 June 2007

Splurge of the month - Samsonite University

At 3-something in the afternoon, as I was going to the surau, I noticed there were heavy clouds in the sky. Rain in the evening would lay waste to my proposed KLCC scouting trip (as per yesterday's entry). Colleague JF opined that it will not rain, but for prudence, suggested I consider carrying an umbrella if I choose to go to KLCC via LRT. Come 5pm, he asked if I was still going. I decided to 1st take a walk to shops near Klang Bus Stand & get my shoes' worn heel soles replaced by a cobbler. While waiting for the pakcik (uncle) to remove & replace the soles, I spent most of the time staring at the Pasar Seni LRT station in front of my & I had this calling from it to ride the LRT to KLCC. After about 20 mins at the cobbler's makeshift booth, with the sun shining, I found myself heading not to the office building but heeding the call of Pasar Seni LRT station.


What followed was 90mins of walking back & forth around KLCC, visiting Isetan, Universal Traveller, Parkson Grand, computer stores, NIKE boutique, Stadium sports store, Best Denki & Tearproof, some of these outlets more than once, resulting in somewhat aching feet & breaking into my shoes' new heel soles. Isetan didn't have any of 2 the Samsonite backpacks I shortlisted, while Parkson Grand had both & Universal Traveller had 1. What more, all 3 outlets offer a 10% discount on many Samsonite bags whereas the Samsonite store at MVMM didn't & doesn't give discount (the Universal Traveller store staff told me that). Parkson Grand had the backpack I was inclined to buy but there was only 1 left & it's blue in colour. I had an idea to perhaps consider getting the charcoal coloured version (the other 2 colour variations were pink & orange), which together with orange coloured version, would be available at Samsonite store MVMM by this weekend. I was left in a dilemma whether to grab the blue backpack at 10% off or not. If I don't get it, I won't go home empty handed as I bought myself 2 pairs of new work socks. :)


How?

How?

How?

.
.
.
.
.
.
After walking & mulling a bit more, I ended up heading to the KLCC LRT station toting a big Parson Grand paper bag.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Yup, I bought the Samsonite backpack called University, my splurge of the month of June 2007. :D


The colours are not as bright as the picture displayed here (took it from Samsonite's website's page on University). Nevertheless, I am satisfied. I should be for the amount spent. Am looking forward towards utilising the University backpack. Heck, I may just take up JF's suggestion to use it as my office backpack occasionally.

If anyone else is interested in this backpack, I suggest considering University together with the Sidewinder or any of its sister backpacks in the 225 series.





Till later, live long & prosper.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you promised to go with me to KLCC!

    ReplyDelete